I’m going to deviate from contemporary language use and position myself among the 99%. You know it’s funny when executive archetypes in movies cuss. Also I’m being ironic, not bourgeois.
I want to disclaim the language of this entry with its origin: the popularized expression “I don’t give a fuck,” and all its fallout in various media channels (“Not one fuck was given” etc).
The Fuck-Giving Quotient
This ratio is comprised of fucks-given to fucks-received; whose ideal is to remain as close to 0 as possible. Let’s explore the nuances.
- The fuck is the essential, indivisible unit for this analysis. Thus fucks given and fucks received are of equal value; transactions can be comprised of many fucks, increasing the magnitude of the ratio. However, for the purpose of this model, the ratio is reduced to manageable figures.
- If giving a fuck is to be avoided, the fuck given is something better off possessed. Thus fucks are a coveted psychic currency.
- As fucks are psychic currency–immaterial–there is no determinate finite quantity. Fiat, if you will. They can be printed. But as they are also inherently valuable, inflation does not apply.
- As currency, transactions are voluntary.
The danger in “Not giving a fuck” is the purpose behind this definition. In an intersocial, and intrasocial economy, a lack of cash-flow (fuck-flow) leads to a depression.
It’s rational self-interest in a depression to save your $ (fucks) and avoid expenditure. Thus, commonly a defense mantra, “I don’t give a fuck” is in reference to fuck-scarcity a priori.
The solution is a stimulated economy. To merely not give a fuck exacerbates the problem; fucks must be given. But a fuck-investor will not haphazardly place these investments; they must be smart investments and yield a return.
Of course it’s wise to be frugal where you invest yourself, in what you give a fuck for. So do continue not giving fucks as necessary.
I recommend a 1:3 fucks given to received. Here’s why.
- If you give one fuck and receive one fuck, the ratio is 1. This is technically sustainable, better than alternatives, but alas you’re stagnant. Only from a growing portfolio are you likely to be invested in.
- If you give one fuck and receive two, the ratio is .5. Keep it up, but this rounds up to 1. You can do better.
- If you give one fuck and receive three: Now we’re talking business.
- If you give zero fucks and receive any, you’re feudal lord status.
- Zero given and zero received means you’re dead.
The moral of the story is to monitor your fuck-giving quotient. For what all you give, what is the return?